Saturday, 13 December 2008

I want one of those...


"Git panzers", "Chelsea Tractors" whatever you want to call them, they're one of the main targets of attavistic green activists; who blame them for all evil and in part justification for their call for a shift in society to some vegan de-industrialised non-technological dark ages that will save us from anthropogenic climate warming, hmmmm...

I have a sneaking suspicion that much of the venom reserved for owners of large vehicles derives from poorly disguised jealousy, but I digress...

If we are at "the end of days" as we are told, then I think we all need to consider our vehicular transport; and surely the environmentalists who assiduously assert that we are past the point of no return, climatically speaking, should be looking for suitable survival strategies other than hemp clothing, allotments and soil toilets - such as, say 4x4s?
Can we do it? Search me. Reviewing the new evidence, I have to admit that we might have left it too late.

What I think I need is a floating, hybrid powered 4x4; with solar recharge and a diesel engine, optional sails and that's capacious enough to live in - the bigger the better.

I want to survive Armageddon, and this is the tool for the job. I would personally like to thank the evangelical GrĂ¼n-Kirche for the heads up on the imminent flooding and climatic turmoil; I am now in the market for a low mileage diesel 4x4 and some welding gear; time to give up my little saloon car. I don't trust them, I don't trust the politicians I don't even trust the deniers, so I will do what any self respecting geek would do, find a technological solution for the problem myself - just in case.

NB: The ideal solution would be a flying 4x4, I did find one here - If only Gaia can hang off until 2009 before exacting her revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment