Saturday, 31 October 2009

Frazzled Fry to give up twatting?


I hear that Stephen Fry is considering giving up Twitter, courtesy of the BBC:
Actor and presenter Stephen Fry has said he is considering giving up on the micro-blogging website Twitter.
"Think I may have to give up on Twitter. Too much aggression and unkindness around," said Fry, who has more than 900,000 followers.

Fry, not to be confused with the considerably more interesting time traveling protagonist in the awesome Futurama, is famous for his episodic manic depression, something him and I have in common. He was in the middle of a twitversation (is that right?) when he twitted "I retire"

Fry sent a tweet - to the user he fell out with and subsequently blocked, after he had observed that Fry's tweets were a bit boring - saying: "You've convinced me. I'm obviously not good enough. I retire from Twitter henceforward. Bye everyone."

However, he later posted another tweet which indicated that he may change his mind about leaving the site, or as I suspect he just didn't know his mind - "Well maybe I'll see how I feel in a few days."

Can you make a well known phrase or sentence from the following words?
Oversensitive and depressed biploar luvvie throws toys out of pram, will be back on next high.
Honestly I cannot be arsed with the herd mentality that defines recent Twitterati campaigns, that and the pathetic "association with the rich and famous" that followers seem to be so motivated by.

So Stephen, in the name of free speech and all that is good and right, moreover to free us from your mindless right-on lefty bandwagon jumping hatchet job mentality followers - you know those whose short attention span only allows them to blog/absorb 140 characters at a time, but are quick to attack those who dare use more words in one communication - Please stop Twitting

Twitting is for those so retarded they can only deal in bite sized slogans.

I like your books, I buy them, but until you can produce something comparable in 140 characters, nay words, give it up, you are only feeding the idiots - and alienating everybody else.

2 comments:

  1. I have never Twittered and don't intend to but you must agree that having 900,000 acolytes must be an ego-boost ( which is why Sad Stephen will not let them go ).

    His next tweet should read " Everyone right now run into the streets and scream " I'm as mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it any more ! "

    ReplyDelete
  2. @banned - me neither, I find 'txting' thoroughly unsatisfactory as a form of communication, never mind half of a txt at a time. As you predicted he is back at the twitting already, so much for my advice! The pull of the eqo.

    He should abuse his power for fun, although one could argue he has already with his Jan Moir retweet...

    ReplyDelete