Friday, 30 October 2009

Take Heart Gordon

A CD containing a song sung by Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama 22 years ago went on sale today. The song called Take Heart-Tobitate Heiwa-no tori-yo (take wings, the bird of peace) was originally recorded in 1987.  When interviewed the Prime Minister commented:
"I very much like both the lyrics and melody. But I think I’m a better singer now."
I hope so...
The song was first recorded shortly after Mr Hatoyama was elected to the House of Representatives, about 100 records were produced but never sold, and were later presented to his supporters in 1989.  If you want to hear a short clip of the song, although I can't recommend it, there is a short excerpt on YouTube right here.

So it got me thinking, what song could our own Prime Minister record to help endear himself to the baying executioner's public gallery that is the British electorate?
Off the top of my head -
  • Leonard Cohen's "Last Year's Man" perhaps?
Go on, give it a try...

2 comments:

  1. Elected, Alice Cooper

    I wanna be elected
    We're gonna rock to the rules that I make
    I wanna be elected, elected, elected
    I never lied to you, I've always been cool
    I wanna be elected...

    ReplyDelete