Thursday, 19 November 2009

Fresh fish anyone?

Some of the more bizarre far eastern cuisine culinary delights are hard to swallow; snake blood, beating hearts, dogs, cats, toads and fatally poisonous fish eaten raw amongst others are just a bit too "icky" for our more refined western palates.

Below is a video of a Chinese carp dish, now as I mentioned here previously I thought I had seen it all when it comes to carp.  That was a German dish, they are plainly amateurs - the video features what has got to be the most inexplicable cooked fish dish - I must warn you it is not for the faint hearted...

3 comments:

  1. That was friggin disgustin so it was. I've caught and cleaned mony a fush - but there was something a bit sinister in these folks finding humour in a fellow creature's death agony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.

    I remember working in China years back at the start of their reconstruction.

    I was working along side a Carp farm and the farmer told me an old chinese proverb.

    He said "If, when the angler catches carp. The Carp remains lifeless and not moving lips, it stands the chance of survival.

    As the angler will throw it back in as no good for live carp recipe.

    If it continues to betray it's rage and indignation, then it gets sent to the man with the massive chopper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @scunnert - I find their taking pleasure in it's dying struggles pretty sick. I have caught and shot animals, and my Dad was a butcher - the worst part is extinguishing their life - most of us try to do this as swiftly as possible.

    Poetic Justice - thanks for your comment, as I said, just a little bit sinister.

    ReplyDelete