Friday, 27 November 2009

Thanks Nige...

First of all I would like to apologise for my somewhat sporadic blogging over the last week.  Real life has a habit of getting in the way of seeing your name 'up there in bytes'.  Between trying to sort out a new office, writing proposals and cooking traditional fruitcakes as Christmas gifts (5 down 3 to go) my super bloggy-sense has been a little usurped.  That on top of the ghosts of blogging past coming back to haunt me has led to a definite lack of focus on my daily log.

As I was adding the whisky to yet another mix, and listening to Radio 4, I heard the news that UKIP have gifted the Conservatives the next election.  Nigel Farrage was a pain in the ass - but perhaps a necessary foil to blind pro-Europeanism nonetheless, and effective in a debate to boot.  As a vehement anti-conservative, still nursing her wounds from the nightmare that was Thatcher's 80s, the news that UKIP may choose an unelectable peer as their new leader appears to me to be the guarantee that the ever-vacillating-on-Europe Tory party needed.

Cameroon and her goons armed with their schizoid European attitudes have spent much of their time ducking the well dug in anti-europa lobby within the Conservative gang; a significant faction that were willing to spank their own party by placing their cross alongside any UKIP candidate.  Without Farrage UKIP will struggle to capture their natural audience - dissatisfied anti European Tories; most of whom would struggle to name another prominent UKIP member, never mind 67 year old Lord Pearson of Rannoch.  So we move inevitably one step closer to a Conservative future.

The next election is increasingly looking more like an exercise in swapping Blue Labour for Green Conservative - new faces and the same old shit.

It looks like I'll be spoiling my ballot paper, again - I wonder what abuse I can come up with this time?

Thanks a lot Nigel...

4 comments:

  1. Goodbye, my friend, goodbye
    My love, you are in my heart.
    It was preordained we should part
    And be reunited by and by.
    Goodbye: no handshake to endure.
    Let's have no sadness -- furrowed brow.
    There's nothing new in dying now
    Though living is no newer.


    Written in his own blood, and given to a friend the day before he hanged himself.
    ~~ Sergei Esenin, Russian poet, d. Dec. 28, 1925



    Running on empty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't take your cue from Sergei MrM - I am leaving the country personally, anywhere is better than here under a Blue jackboot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am considering leaving Life


    Through early morning fog I see
    Visions of the things to be
    The things that are withheld for me
    I realize and I can see

    That suicide is painless
    It brings on many changes
    And I can take or leave it if I please

    The game of life is hard to play
    I'm gonna lose it anyway
    The losing card I'll someday lay
    So this is all I have to say

    Suicide is painless (Suicide)
    It brings on many changes (Changes)
    And I can take or leave it if I please

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niko, I hope you are not serious, if you want someone to talk to email me.

    ReplyDelete